Fruit salad is a dish consisting of various kinds of fruit, served either in their own juices or syrup. In different forms fruit salad can be served as an appetizer, a side-salad, or a dessert. When served as an appetizer or as a dessert, a fruit salad is also known as a fruit cocktail.
Far East Fruit Salad is a kind of fruit salad which give 200 calories, 1 g total fat, 0 g saturated fat, 51 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein in a single serve.
- 1 cans (540 mL) lychees in syrup
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup seeded purple grapes, halved
- 3 pieces crystallized ginger, cut into thin strips
- 1 red-skinned apple, cored and chopped
- Fine shreds of lime zest (garnish)
1. Drain lychees in sieve over bowl. Discard half of syrup that has drained into bowl, then add lychees. Stir in ginger and lime zest and juice.
2. Cut peel and pith away from oranges with sharp knife. Holding oranges over bowl so that all juice will drip into salad, carefully cut between membranes to release segments. Add segments and juice to bowl.
3. Stir in grapes and apple; toss to mix. Pile salad into small bowls to serve, decorated with shreds of lime zest.